So, you are also a keen admirer of silk sarees. Nothing like surprising; Silk saree is indeed a queen of the saree kingdom. Every woman wants to have at least one saree in her wardrobe.
Now, what makes the silk sarees to gain such popularity or attention? Well, it’s the elegance and grace offered by these silk sarees, which makes them highly demanding among ladies.
Silk sarees brings in a great combination of sequence, stones, border work, zari, and lacework, which makes a woman look elegant after wearing it. Buying such saree is not a hard nut to crack, but keeping it and maintaining it, is something that is not so easy.
To continue with the excitement you felt after wearing such saree, you have to maintain it continuously.
Pamper and take care of silk sarees
Though you have an extensive collection of silk sarees, you have to take preventive measures to protect the grace of the sarees.
Here are a few ways, through which you can take good care of your silk sarees.
- If you wash the silk saree at home, try to keep soaps and detergents away from the wash. Use cold water instead of hot water.
- If your saree caught with any stain of tea, coffee, any gravy, ice-cream, etc. let it dry-cleaned in laundry immediately. In case, you want to try removing the stain at home, try it using a small amount of petrol and brush it smoothly.
- For a newly purchased silk saree, protein bath is something that will maintain its beauty and will make you look classy, after wearing it. To do so, add some protein shampoo in water for 2-3 minutes and soak the saree in it. After that, wash it with normal water. You will soon find the difference.
- Avoid washing your silk saree in the washing machine. It may damage the saree making it look dull.
- Don’t ever twist your saree after washing it. It may cause wrinkles in it or even destroy the patchy part of the base path. Make it lie outside without twisting it.
- Avoid drying your saree in direct sunlight. It will affect the drapery badly. It can make your saree look fade. Also, if you wear it after drying in direct sunlight, you will find tears in every move, you take. Thus, try to make it dry in the shade.
- Avoid using any formula to keep your saree fresh.
- Use hangers to hang your sarees in your wardrobe to avoid getting a crease in it.
Follow the tips mentioned above make your saree look new every time you wear as well as to maintain the Charisma of such a beautiful drapery available, i.e., your silk saree.